Presenting a paper at PharmaSUG China is a great way to enhance your SAS knowledge, to connect with the large community of users of SAS and other clinical trial software, and to gain recognition for yourself and your company. No matter how long you've been using SAS and other software, you've probably learned something that could benefit others. We want you to share that learning at PharmaSUG China 2014!
New this year:
- Best Paper Awards: An award will be given to the Best Paper in each track and all winners will be recognized in the Closing Session.
- Presenter Mentoring Program: Experienced presenters will be available for free to assist novice authors with their paper and presentation. See details below.
Your proposal will need to include a paper title of no more than 128 characters and a summary (abstract) of no more than 300 words. You will also be asked to provide the name of each author along with each author's affiliation (company, etc.), email address, and a short biography of no more than 100 words.
To improve the chances of your paper being selected for the conference, it is strongly recommended that you include a working draft or outline. This will give the section chair a better idea of the content, style, and quality of your paper.
Presentation Options and SectionsThere are several ways to present: 30-minute papers, 15-minute papers, and posters. Papers will be assigned to one of 8 academic sections. Two presentation tracks will run concurrently at the conference.
When you submit your paper proposal, you will have an opportunity to select the section into which you think your paper best fits. If the section chair feels your paper fits better in another section, your paper may be reassigned. You will be notified of the section change.
Every presentation and poster requires submission of a companion paper. These papers will be published as part of the official Conference Proceedings at the PharmaSUG website. (We no longer produce printed proceedings.) To meet the expectations for publication in the Proceedings, please refer to the PharmaSUG China 2014 Paper Guidelines, Paper Template, and other tools found below in the Presenter Resources section of this page.
If the proposed paper is accepted for presentation at PharmaSUG 2014, the author(s) agree to:
- Submit the Copyright Grant Form (PDF, 112KB) signed by all authors on or before June 16, 2014;
- Submit a final paper in PDF format consistent with the PharmaSUG China 2014 Paper Guidelines on or before July 31, 2014;
- Register for the conference by August 15, 2014. Registration opens on February 1, 2014. Important: There is a Presenter’s Discount (USD$170/¥1020) if you register and pay by June 30, 2014.
If any of the above terms and conditions is not met, PharmaSUG China reserves the right to remove the presentation from the Conference Schedule and exclude the paper from the Conference Proceedings.
Important Dates for Presenters
|December 1, 2013||Paper Submission opens|
|February 1, 2014||Online Conference Registration opens (discount for presenters)|
| March 31, 2014|
April 15, 2014
|Paper Submission ends|
|May 15, 2014||Notification of Paper Acceptance|
|June 16, 2014||Copyright Grant Form due|
|June 30, 2014||Presenter’s Discount ends|
|July 31, 2014||Final paper due (upload to the Paper Submission System)|
|August 15, 2014||Presentation slides due (upload to the Paper Submission System)|
|August 29, 2014||Conference Schedule and Proceedings posted on website|
|September 5-6, 2014||See you in Beijing!|
For All Authors
- Paper Guidelines (PDF, 49KB) - All papers are expected to comply with these guidelines, so please review the document carefully.
- Paper Template (Word .DOT template file, 1.6MB) - This optional paper template will help you create a final manuscript that meets the requirements.
- Copyright Grant Form (PDF, 112KB) - Due June 16, 2014. Must be completed for each paper in order for the paper to be included in the conference and proceedings.
For All Presenters
- Presentation Guidelines (PDF, 125KB) - Important information about the delivery of your presentation and the use of slides.
- Presentation Template (Powerpoint .POT template file, 282K) - This optional presentation slide template will help give our conference a consistent look and feel.
For Poster Authors
- Poster Guidelines (PDF, 36KB) - Please review these guidelines for important logistical details regarding poster size, format, setup, etc.
- Poster Template (Powerpoint .POT template file, 215K) - This optional poster template provides an example of an eye-catching and effective use of the poster format. Remember that a poster is more than just a series of slides!
Presenter Mentoring Program
You have a great idea for a presentation… BUT …
• you do not know where to start
• you are concerned your English writing skills are not strong enough
• you are worried about public speaking
A thousand oars cannot row a boat until they are put into the water. You can turn your great idea into a great presentation and you do not have to do it alone.
The PharmaSUG China mentoring program is here to help you turn your idea into a successful presentation. We can work with you from abstract creation through paper review, from PowerPoint preparation through presentation practice. We know that doing your first conference presentation can be a daunting task, but with some support and guidance it does not have to be.
"It was a great experience to have had Peter Eberhardt as my mentor during SAS Global 2013. Peter kindly provided me guidance on how to structure my paper all the way through sharping my presentation skills. I love this mentoring program a lot and do hope that more and more people will benefit from it!"
-- Lucheng Shao
"My mentor helped review my paper and showed me his secret weapon to make a wonderful presentation. With his help, i gained my confidence to speak clearly in front of my audience as a non-native English speaker."
-- Xiao Jin Qin
You do not know where to start? Start by contacting us: