PharmaSUG is an all-volunteer organization and we rely heavily on volunteers like you to make the conference a success. Volunteering is a great way to network and become more active in the community of SAS® users.
The success of the conference is dependent on people like you who are willing to make a commitment to help with different duties at the conference. Part of being a volunteer means you honor the commitment you have made by showing up to your assignment. This year, volunteer assignments will be made through the Sign-up System, so that you can now self-schedule. Here are the instructions for signing up to volunteer.
- Registration/Information Assistant: Helps the registrar and conference attendees before and during the conference. This may include setting up the registration booth, handing out conference materials, and answering questions attendees may have. Registration coordinators will be expected to work a 1.5-3 hour block of time. Some of those times may occur in the afternoon of Sunday, June 16. For additional information, please see the additional Registration/Information Desk instructions.
- Session Coordinator: Assists the section chairs during the presentations (typically 2 session coordinators/session). Session coordinators help with timing presentations, distributing handouts, taking care of lights, keeping the door closed during presentations, tidying the room at session end, judging papers, helping the speaker set up, and other tasks that may arise during the session. Session coordinators will be expected to work an AM or PM session (1.5-3 hours).
- Bag Stuffing: Assists the conference committee in the preparation of the material that is distributed to all of the attendees. Bag stuffing takes place on Saturday morning from 9:00-11:00 AM.
- Charity Table: Collects cash donations and assists with online donations (cash/check/web) to our chosen charity during the conference. Volunteers will be expected to work a 1.5-3 hour block of time.
- Special Events: Assists the conference committee as needed, which may include distributing tickets, handing out gifts, directing attendees to the location, etc. Volunteers will be expected to work at least one hour prior to the event.
- PharmaBucks: Staff the PharmaBucks Bank and assist attendees with redeeming PharmaBucks for tickets to be entered into prize drawings. Volunteers will be expected to work a 1.5-3 hour block of time.
- Pre-Conference Training Check-in: Assist Pre-/Post-Conference Seminar Coordinators with checking in attendees, and direct people to the correct training rooms. Volunteers will be expected to work a 45-minute block of time prior to the start of seminars.
Frequently Asked Questions
As a volunteer, will I receive a registration discount? There is no registration discount for volunteers. However, volunteers will be acknowledged for their service.
When does a volunteer need to be at the conference? All volunteers are expected to attend the Volunteer & Speaker Meeting on Sunday afternoon, June 16 at 5:00 PM in Grand Ballroom Salons A-B. Volunteers must also be available during the entire conference through noon, Wednesday, June 20, 2019. Please make your travel plans accordingly.
When will I know at what time(s) I am scheduled to volunteer? The scheduling of volunteers will occur about 2-4 weeks prior to the conference. We will do our best to accommodate your preferences and work with your availability.
How will I be contacted about volunteering? Once you have signed up for volunteer shifts in the Sign-up System, you will be sent reminders from the system. For more information, please download our additional instructions.